This note so you know what to expect from the 12th April.
On arrival for your tee slot please go straight to the first tee. Golf is in high demand so make sure you are prompt for your tee time. You will be greeted by a Starter who will be selling hot refreshments (contactless payments only). The starter will be making sure everything is running promptly so please make sure that:
You are on time
All names in your group are on the tee sheet. When making your booking on BRS, please make sure you account for every player.
You are a valid member or have paid for your pay and play if a visitor.
You are in the correct Golf attire. Refusal to play will be given by the team if this is not adhered to.
Each player in your group have their own set of clubs
We will have a golf marshal on a buggy patrolling the course and selling cold refreshments including bottled beers from the afternoon.
You can sit outside on tables of 6. The Golf patio and the Manor Suite Gardens will be open up for table service for beverages. On Thursday evenings, Saturday & Sunday (11am-4-pm) we will be running a BBQ each week on the patio.
We don’t want any tee slots going to waste so if you need to cancel please make sure you do so within reasonable time. Any no shows will be monitored.
We look forward to seeing you soon and happy golfing.
In addition the following rules will apply.
Social distancing rules must be adhered to around the golf course.
Ball washers and rakes are still not in use
Please do not touch or take out flags from holes.
The Clubhouse will remain shut.
Face coverings MUST be worn indoors in all areas.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
From 12th April you may sit outside in groups of no more than six once you have finished your round of golf.
Locker rooms will be open to grab your clubs. Please minimize the time spent in the locker room.
Practise facilities will be open with social distancing measures in place.
Please note these rules and regulations are under constant government reviews and are subject to change.
General Information for Members, Visitors and Guests of Members
- Weekend tee times before 10:30 are reserved for full 7-day members only.
- Member’s guests cannot play before 10:30 at the weekend.
- All tee bookings must be pre-booked and paid via the pro shop.
- All players MUST pre book a tee time in advance including Saturday & Sunday mornings.
- All play will commence from the 1st tee (The 10th will NOT be a starting hole).
- Tee times will be at 8 – minute intervals.
- Members will be allowed to book tee times from 21 days in advance.
- Upon arrival, please check in with the Pro Shop.
- Players should walk to the first tee no earlier than 5 minutes before their tee time. Please wait at the patio area and observe social distancing.
- Whilst on the course observe social distancing.
- Take extra care when searching for a ball and playing shots.
- Stray golf balls not from your playing group should not be touched.
- Do not shake hands at any point of your round.
- Do not touch other player’s equipment, including when conceding a putt.
- Have no contact with the flagstick.
- The flagstick to remain in place throughout play.
- Avoid contact with the hole liner when taking the ball out of the hole. Use a club to pull away from hole where possible.
- Bunkers, with no rakes on the course please ensure every effort is made to smooth the sand after playing your shot using your club/feet.
- The pro-shop will be open for all your needs before you tee off. Please check in before you tee.
- Although the Pro shop will be fully functional, strict social distancing measures will be in place.
- A maximum of 2 customers are allowed in the pro-shop at any one time.
- The pro-shop will have floor markings to help with the social distancing.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed outside the pro-shop for customer use.
- All staff will be trained to provide a safe environment to reduce the risk of Covid-19.
- Buggies and Trolleys will be available for hire but will be sanitised before and after play
- Only 1 person per buggy unless members of the same household.
- Contactless payment is preferred if possible.
- The staff in the shop will check against the membership list and BRS booking list that those arriving to play have paid the appropriate membership fee/ green fee.
- Individual golf lessons are available while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Rules of Golf-Related Matters
Hole and Holed
- The hole cup will be set in such a way so that the ball will not fall to the bottom of the cup enabling it to be retrieved by a player without the player touching the hole liner or flagstick. The ball will be considered ‘holed’ if any part of it is below the surface of the putting green.
- Players are required to always leave the flagstick in the hole and NOT to touch it.
- Due to the lack of rakes on the course and the potential of unfairness if players have not taken care when smoothing bunkers, we have introduced the following Temporary Local Rule:
“If a player’s ball comes to rest in a Bunker the player has the option of a ‘preferred lie’ and may place the ball in the bunker within 1 club-length of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that original spot”.
Please stay safe