COVID-19 SPECIAL RULES AND INFORMATION
Following the Government update on Tuesday 22nd September we wanted to make you aware of some updates to our business policies.
Hospitality services within hotels, such as our restaurant and bars will need to follow the new requirement to close to the public between 10pm – 5am.
When in the Hotel or Golf club we are offering table service only, please do not go to bar to place your order. Please be patient with the team whilst we work to get this right for you.
Tables will be for a maximum of 6 people with no socialising between tables.
We must remind everyone that Track and Trace is used when using the golf bar. Our QR code can be found on menus and around the building and needs to be completed on each visit.
Please ask a member of the team for assistance if required.
Please also be aware that face coverings must be worn in all areas by staff, golfers and visitors apart from when sitting at a table for food and beverage.
We thank you in advance for your support during this time.
General Information for Visitors and Guests of Members
- Weekend tee times before 10:30 are reserved for full 7 day members only.
- Member’s guests cannot play before 10:30 at the weekend.
- All tee bookings must be pre-booked and paid via the pro shop.
- All players MUST pre book a tee time in advance including Saturday & Sunday mornings.
- All play will commence from the 1st tee (The 10th will NOT be a starting hole).
- Tee times will be at 8 – minute intervals.
- Tee times will be available to use either alone or with up to three other players while maintaining social distancing. Maximum four balls only.
- The Golf Club may add players to any unfilled tee slots.
- Members will be allowed to book tee times from 21 days in advance.
- Upon arrival please check in with the Pro Shop.
- Players should walk to the first tee no earlier than 5 minutes before their tee time. Please wait at the patio area and observe social distancing.
- Whilst on the course observe social distancing.
- Take extra care when searching for a ball and playing shots.
- Stray golf balls not from your playing group should not be touched.
- Do not shake hands at any point of your round.
- Do not touch other player’s equipment, including when conceding a putt.
- Have no contact with the flagstick.
- The flagstick to remain in place throughout play.
- Avoid contact with the hole liner when taking the ball out of the hole. Use a club to pull away from hole where possible.
- Bunkers, with no rakes on the course please ensure every effort is made to smooth the sand after playing your shot using your club/feet.
- The pro-shop will be open for all your needs before you tee off. Please check in before you tee.
- Although the Pro shop will be fully functional, strict social distancing measures will be in place.
- A maximum of 2 customers are allowed in the pro-shop at any one time.
- The pro-shop will have floor markings to help with the social distancing.
- Hand sanitisers will be placed outside the pro-shop for customer use.
- All staff will be trained to provide a safe environment to reduce the risk of Covid-19.
- Buggies and Trolleys will be available for hire but will be sanitised before and after play
- Only 1 person per buggy unless members of the same household.
- Contactless payment is preferred if possible.
- The staff in the shop will check against the membership list and BRS booking list that those arriving to play have paid the appropriate membership fee/ green fee.
- Individual golf lessons are available while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Rules of Golf-Related Matters
Hole and Holed
- The hole cup will be set in such a way so that the ball will not fall to the bottom of the cup enabling it to be retrieved by a player without the player touching the hole liner or flagstick. The ball will be considered ‘holed’ if any part of it is below the surface of the putting green.
- Players are required to leave the flagstick in the hole at all times and NOT to touch it.
- Due to the lack of rakes on the course and the potential of unfairness if players have not taken care when smoothing bunkers, we have introduced the following Temporary Local Rule:
“If a player’s ball comes to rest in a Bunker the player has the option of a ‘preferred lie’ and may place the ball in the bunker within 1 club-length of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that original spot”.